As with each school in the York Region District School Board, Queensville P.S. support student learning through the curriculum standards set out by the Ontario Ministry of Education and many other co-curricular activities.
- promotes a safe and supportive learning environment. This is done through the Board's Safe Schools Policy and Procedures and the Character Education Initiatives
- provides a full range of Special Education Programs including partially self-contained, resource withdrawal and in class resource
- provides a before and after school program through Dr. John M. Denison Child Care Centre
We are also very proud to offer the following programs to our students:
- Anti-Bullying Programs
- Guest speakers and workshops
- Ongoing and informal social skills counseling
- Kinark Family Services
- Progressive Discipline Model
- Student Leadership program
- VIP program
- Reading Recovery
- Tutors in the Classroom
Safe and Supportive Schools/Character Education/Equity Education
Every student has the right to learn in a safe and supportive environment. The York Region District School Board has a Safe Schools Policy and a defined procedure to implement the policy. Both the policy and procedure support the view that student discipline involves a continuum of support including prevention, intervention and appropriate consequences. The YRDSB remains committed to the inclusion of anti-racist and equity education in its policies and programs.
In addition, Queensville P.S. supports the development of character education in the York Region District School Board. The following is an overview of the school's Character Education initiatives:
Each month, we focus on a particular Character Education trait. Morning announcements bring ideas and topics to the attention of students and teachers reinforce that message throughout the day. At the end of each month, a number of students from each class who have demonstrated on a consistent basis that month's character trait are awarded Character Matters certificates.