Stunning landscapes, exotic wildlife, mind blowing national parks, tropical rainforests, and beautiful beaches. That’s one way to describe Costa Rica.
Another way to describe Costa Rica is…your classroom!
The world is your classroom as you live with a host family and work on community development, eco-tourism, & wildlife rehabilitation projects with your peers as you earn two high school credits in bio-diverse Costa Rica this summer.
What is Co-op?
Cooperative Education is a planned learning experience that integrates classroom theory with practical hands-on experience at a workplace
What is International Co-op?
- International Cooperative Education is a planned learning experience that integrates classroom theory with practical hands-on experience, but in an international context.
Why do Co-op?
- gain work experience
- build their resume – skills development
- learn about themselves, their likes and dislikes
- earn 2 compulsory credits (groups 1, 2, or 3)
- increase access to post secondary opportunities
- build post-secondary & scholarship applications
- develop maturity & self-confidence
Why do International Co-op?
In addition to the above, students will become global citizens as they…
- become aware of the wider world and have a sense of their own role as a world citizen;
- respect and value diversity;
- have an understanding of how the world works economically, politically, socially, culturally, technologically, and environmentally;
- are outraged by social injustice;
- participate and contribute to the community at a range of levels from the local to the global;
- are willing to act to make the world a more equitable and sustainable place; and,
- take responsibility their own actions.
Students will also gain valuable global experience and develop internationally sought after employability skills such as…
- cross cultural communication and sensitivity;
- acceptance of and respect for others;
- analysis; and
- responsible decision making.