The Mission of Our School
The Mission of the York Region District School Board is that "we unite in our purpose to inspire and prepare learners for life in our changing world community."
In order to support the Board's mission, the mission of H.G. Bernard P.S. is:
At H.G. Bernard We Believe:
- That we are all responsible for our own behaviour
- That we must do our best in all areas of school, home and community life
- That it is our responsibility to celebrate and value cultural diversity and individual differences
At H.G. Bernard we are committed to:
- High academic standards
- A balanced program in languages, math, science and technology, social and environment studies, the arts and physical education
- Character Education
- A clean and safe environment
- Supporting students, teachers, parents and members of the community
H.G. Bernard P.S. was officially opened in 1995. There are 24 classrooms, including a science lab, art room and music room. In addition to this, there are 6 portable classrooms on site.
A child-care centre, Bernard Jr. Y, owned and operated by Y.M.C.A. of Greater Toronto is located at H.G. Bernard P.S.
The York Region District School Board has a transportation policy that applies to all of its schools.
Number of students bused: 150
Visit www.schoolbuscity.com for more information on bussing.