Frequently Asked Questions
Conditions of Employment
What are the standard conditions of employment at the York Region District School Board?
- It is the practice of the York Region District School Board to check references, including the most recent employer.
- Any false information provided by the successful candidate will result in future termination.
- The York Region District School Board reserves the right to request applicants to provide additional information with regard to this application for employment.
- All information submitted becomes the property of the York Region District School Board and will not be returned.
- As a condition of employment with the York Region District School Board, all successful candidates will be required to provide a Vulnerable Sector Screening Police Check (obtained within the last six months prior to the start of employment), and a satisfactory medical examination report (obtained within the last twelve months prior to the start of employment).
- Any and all costs incurred by the candidate to obtain documentation will be the responsibility of the candidate.
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to be considered for a teaching position with the York Region District School Board.
Additional requirements for Teaching positions:
- Prior to being granted a position, successful candidates will be required to provide documentation stating they are currently a registered member in good standing with the Ontario College of Teachers, as per Section 262 of the Education Act.
- If the candidate is an experienced teacher, copies of performance appraisal documents will be requested from the board where the candidate is/was employed, as per Bill 110, Sec. 277.43(1).
- Candidates must disclose whether they are currently under investigation by the Ontario College of Teachers.
Additional requirements for Caretaking positions:
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a copy of their Grade 12 (S.S.G.D.) Diploma or certificate of equivalency.