[ Home | Researching Schools and Programs | Exploring Student Life | Applying to Colleges and Universities | Responding to an Offer of Admission | Financing your Education | Out of Province & Country Options | Private Colleges]
Out of Province and Country Schools
Ontario secondary school students, applying to any of the listed Canadian universities outside of Ontario, can authorize the Ontario Universities' Application Centre (OUAC) to transfer their academic data to the listed out-of-province university.
The applicant must sign the release authorization and record the OUAC Reference Number on the out-of-province university application form as applicable.
Use the following links to explore universities in Canada, outside of Ontario:
· The CanLearn has a list of all Canadian Universities to The Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada has a list of all Canadian Universities.
· The Student Life Expo takes place in late September and features a number of out-of-province universities.
There is no equivalent of the Ontario Universities' Application Centre (OUAC) for American universities, so each university requires a separate application.
Always check that your American university is fully "accredited" (Does it offers degrees that are recognized both in the United States and internationally - Canada?).
Credits from two-year American colleges may not be transferable.
- The ACT (American College Testing) assessment, or "A-C-T" as it is commonly called, is a national admission examination that is required by many American colleges and universities. Check the admissions section on your university's website to see if the ACTs are an admissions requirement.
- The SAT Assessment, or "S-A-T" as it is commonly called, is the other national admission examination that is required by many American colleges and universities.
- Career Cruising has a section on U.S. Schools.
- The College Board has a Find a College feature that may help you to explore and narrow your choices.
- Google maintains a list of American Universities.
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA)
- About Sports Eligibility for American Universities.
Overseas Learning Opportunities