Personal Support Worker Program 2013-2014
All potential students must attend a registration session to apply to the program and be 18 years of age or older. The York Region District School Board, Continuing Education Services Personal Support Program is accredited under the PSW Educational Program Accreditation (PEPA) and has met all professional and educational requirements as outlined by the PSW Educational Program Accreditation Standard.
- Two Locations (Sutton and Richmond Hill)
- 10 month full-time program which runs from September 2013 to June 2014
- Monday to Friday
- Includes supervised facility and community placements
- $900* due upon registration payable by Cash, Money Order, Debit, Visa or Mastercard (*subject to change). No cheques accepted.
- Includes: Course, textbooks (2), First Aid/CPR, Resume/Cover Letter workshop, PSW Certificate and PSNO pin, ID badge for practicum, graduation, food handler’s certificate, infection control certificate, gentle persuasive approach certificate.
- 7 Ontario Secondary School credits
- Personal Support Worker Certificate
- First Aid & CPR Certification
- Proton Food Handler’s Certificate
- Infection Control Training
- WHMIS Training
Many of students become employed in the field within six months of graduation at:
- Home Care Agencies
- Long Term Care Facilities
- Group and Residential Homes
- Retirement Homes
You must attend one of the registration sessions. You must be 18 years of age or older. Registration will take 2-3 hours. It includes a presentation, literacy assessment, and a personal interview. You must sign up for a registration session by email.
Wednesday, June 12, 2013
Thursday, June 13, 2013
What Original Documents are needed for Registration?
Status in Canada
Proof of Ontario Residency
You must also provide the name of your last attended secondary school.
What Documents are needed for the program after it begins?
Medical forms, an acceptable vulnerable sector check and immunization record.