York Region District School Board Purchasing Services’ Mandate is to be accountable, ethical and fiscally responsible in protecting public funds. It is the department’s goal to achieve best value for money. We adhere to all procurement laws, regulations, rules, acts and the Broader Public Sector Procurement Directive in our efforts to serve the public interest with fair, open and transparent procurement processes in the acquisition of goods and services.
Purchasing Services is above all a service department, primarily involved and focused upon the strategic acquisition of goods and services to meet the needs of students in the education process. Reporting to the Associate Director of Education, Purchasing Services is concerned with all life-cycle activities from acquisition to end-of-use for all goods and services utilized in the various educational, administrative and technical operations within York Region District School Board. Student achievement and wellness is of paramount importance in all our decision-making activities.
WHAT WE DO!
- deliver first class customer service and support
- participate in strategic acquisition
- facilitate and manage the competitive bid process
- sourcing and market research
- develop, review, manage and administer contracts
- vendor relationship and development initiatives
- vendor certification
- risk management and risk mitigation strategies
- monitor vendor performance
- participate in cooperative and consortium purchasing initiatives
- monitor and evaluate customer service
- process and expedite orders for all goods and services
- demonstrate environmental stewardship
- consider environmental impact of all purchase recommendations