Student Transportation Services (STS) is a joint venture between the catholic and public school boards in York Region.
For information on bus routes, stop locations, times, late arrivals, cancellation, eligibility, registering a complaint, safety and general information, please visit www.schoolbuscity.com or contact the York Region Student Transportation Services School Bus Information Line at 1-877-330-3001, accessible 24 hours a day.
Board Policy #680, Transportation to/from Schools, states that secondary school students living in an area where public transit is available are not eligible for Board-provided transportation. Secondary students living more than 3.2 kilometres from the nearest secondary school in an area where public transit is not available are eligible for Board-provided transportation. Note: Students who apply to transfer to a secondary school other than their "home" school will be required to provide their own transportation. Please refer to the policy for specific information regarding system-wide or special programs. At the time of printing, the Transportation Policy (#680.0) is under review.
For further information, please visit the Board’s website at http://www.yrdsb.edu.on.ca/pdfs/p&p/a/policy/680.pdf
INCLEMENT WEATHER CONDITIONS AND SCHOOL BUS CANCELLATIONS
PLEASE NOTE: Schools will remain open unless otherwise stated, even when school buses have been cancelled.
If road conditions force the cancellation of bus services, the following stations will be informed as early as possible, and will broadcast pertinent information to the community.
|640 AM||CHAY 93.1 FM||NEWS 680 AM||CHIN 1540 AM||CJEZ 97.3 FM|
|CJBC 860 AM||CHUM 104.5 FM||CHFI 98.1 FM||CFRB 1010 AM||CKDX 88.5 FM|
|CKFM 99.9 FM||CHUM 1050 AM||CBC 99.1 FM||CHIN 100.7 FM||JACK 92.5 FM|
|Q107 107.1 FM||Z103.5 FM||CJCL 590 AM||CJKX 89.9 FM||95.9 FM|
|CFTO TV||CITY TV||GLOBAL NEWS||A-CHANNEL||THE WEATHER CHANNEL|
AT ALL TIMES students should be aware of an alternative place to go should bus service be cancelled or delayed, or should schools be forced to close due to an emergency. For further detailed information on the York Region District School Board’s Transportation to/ from Schools Policy and Procedure #680.0,
Students riding school buses must observe the following procedures:
- Be at the bus stop five minutes before scheduled pick up.
- Keep well away from the road until the bus has stopped. Do not move toward the bus until it has stopped.
- Watch for the bus driver’s signal before crossing the road. Look both ways and then cross the road.
- Board the bus quickly using the handrail and go directly to your seat.
- Remain seated while the bus is in motion.
- Do not eat or drink on the bus as these are prohibited.
- Keep the aisle clear of books, knapsacks, lunch bags and other items.
- Keep windows closed unless the driver permits you to open them and never put hands, arms, head or legs out of the window.
- Never throw anything inside the bus or out of the window.
- Talk quietly, so as not to distract the driver.
Shouting, horseplay and fighting are strictly prohibited; students engaging in these activities will have their bus privileges suspended.